Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published elsewhere, in whole or in part, nor is it simultaneously before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The text of the submission adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic recommendations outlined in the MR Author Guidelines and Submission Instructions.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word .doc or .docx, WordPerfect .wpd, or .rtf file format.
- All illustrations (photographs, figures, charts, tables, etc.) are being submitted in suitable file formats as indicated in the MR Author Guidelines and Submission Instructions.
- The location of all illustrations (photographs, figures, charts, tables, etc.) are clearly indicated in the text at the appropriate points.
- Permission has been obtained from the copyright owner for the use of any copyrighted material that falls outside the purview of “fair use” as outlined in the MR Copyright, “Fair Use,” and Permissions Guidelines.
Authors who publish with Methodist Review agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright ownership and all intellectual property rights to their work, and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal but prohibits modification or commercial use of the work without the permission of the author.
Authors are free to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), in whole or in part, on the condition that its initial publication in this journal is clearly acknowledged.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any outside party.